All PVYSA volunteers are required to complete background checks, acquire clearances, and complete the online training courses. (no fee when you register as a volunteer) as defined by Keep Kids Safe PA.
In particular, all PVYSA volunteers must complete the following:
- PA Criminal Background Check (valid for 5 years from date of issue)
- PA Child Abuse Clearance (valid for 5 years from date of issue)
- SafeSport Abuse Training (online course takes approximately 1 hour to complete, free to register using the code found in your stacksports registration profile page)
- Concussion Training (link to 30 minute training)
- FBI Background Check (only needed if you have not lived in PA for the last 10 years)
Please select volunteer when completing the registration for the background checks, this will make the cost of the check free. If you are interested in volunteering as PVYSA coach, please visit our registration site.
Your documentation and a coach profile photo can be uploaded into your registration user profile to expedite the process (this is the same place you would have registered your child for soccer).